Katie Couric: Fat people cause pollution!
10/27/2006 2:01:22 PM CBS NEWS
She says, fat people, per year, are using 1 billion more gallons of gas than 40 years ago.Lets see now. 40 years ago, 1966...
How many people drove cars then?
Did we even have freeways?
The population went from 200 million in 1966 to 300 million in 2006.Looking at this closer, a car weighs around 3,000 lbs.
The full tank alone weighs 160 lbs.
A spare tire (or over weight belly) must weigh around 20 lbs.
So, lets blame the driver. hahaAnd my truck gets 12 miles per gallon now.
That's what trucks in the 60's got.
But, lets not blame automotive technology.Lets blame FAT PEOPLE! haha
See now, I might have said:
- Don't lose weight, your probably driving because your overweight.
- Don't keep a spare tire in the trunk.
- Drive on empty
- Remove the back seats
- Remove anything that might use excessive energy, like those 400 watt boom boxes.
- Remove the air conditioner.
- Never roll down your window while going down the freeway.
Why not say, lets all hate fat people, and while we're at it, hate driving our cars too.
What do you drive, Katie?