11/23/2006 9:16:58 AM Life changes faster than we realize.
Things we now condemn were common:
- Canada passed a law prohibiting poor people from entering the country for any reason.
- Over-the-counter drugs were marijuana, heroin, and morphine
- More than half the scientific and medical community had developed healthy coke habits.
According to one pharmacist,
"Heroin clears the complexion, gives buoyancy to the mind, regulates the stomach and bowels, and is, in fact, a perfect guardian of health."
Life Expectancy: 47 years.
Births at home: 95%
Leading causes of death in the US:
1. Pneumonia and influenza
4. Heart disease
Murders per year: 230
- with a bathtub: 14%
- with fulltime servants: 18%
- with a telephone: 8%
A three-minute call from Denver to New York City: $11.
- Cars in the US: 8,000
- Paved roads: 144 miles
- City speed limit: 10 mph
- Average Wage: 22 cents
- Average Income: $200 to $400 per year
- Accountants: $2000
- Dentist: $2,500
- Veterinarian: $1,500 to $4,000
- Mechanical engineer: $5,000
- High school graduates: 6%
- People who could read: 20%
- Physicians with no college education: 90%
- Medical schools were condemned as "substandard."
- Women washed their hair once a month with borax or egg yolks for shampoo.
- Number of States: 45
- Arizona, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Hawaii, and Alaska weren't states
- Alabama, Mississippi, Iowa, and Tennessee were more populated than California.
- California residents: 1.4 million, 21st most populated state
- Las Vegas, Nevada residents: 30
COST OF GOODS
- Sugar: 4 cents per pound
- Eggs: 14 cent a doznen
- Coffee: 15 cents per pound
- Worlds Tallest Structure: Eiffel Tower
- Crossword puzzles, canned beer, and iced tea hadn't been invented.
- There was no Mother's Day or Father's Day.
What motivates me is this, there's one last thing
11/23/2005 4:38:17 AM I could have retired. I could have wasted the rest of my life. I could have been out of the rat race.
There is something I'm supposed to accomplish. MY GOD told me this.
My god is nature, and nature doesn't speak English.
Nature makes you hungry, makes you have children and then protect them, all without words.
Nature's told me there's something I'm supposed to do, in the form of an instinctive feeling. I'll know when I've done it.
Then I can fade away. I give my body perhaps 10 more years.
Whatever is going to happen, it'll happen in the next couple of years.
It won't be me doing it though. It'll be nature doing it through me. I'll just doing what I've been told to do.
Maybe it's my destiny to save someone's life, I don't know yet.
Hopefully, I won't be a pawn anymore in ending other people's lives. I hate being the messenger of death.
For some reason, I've been given the understanding of what life is and why we are here.
But I can't share it with anyone, simply because, they just can't see it. You have to know it.
You have to listen to the god that created every cell in your body.
And God doesn't speak English.
I still don't understand why people don't marvel at a blade of grass.
I saw that it was a miracle when I was a child. Why would god have to do a magic show better than that?
We all have been risen from the dead. Why is that so hard for people to see?