|The Life and Times of Jim|
|Hi, there. I'm Jim. Welcome to my phlog!|
This site was written for Las Vegas, then LouisVille. Now, it seems to be about anywhere. In these phlogs, you'll see a lot of my personal notes and pictures. I like to post my observations here to remember life and celebrate it. I'm not religious. I don't pray for good fortune. I'm ecstatically grateful for the gift of life and I think our time should be remembered and not taken for granted. I'm not a writer. I think pictures tell stories so much better than words. I love just about everything in this life, and, I guess that would have to include you. So, if you've seen me, don't be surprised if your picture is in here somewhere. Of all the critters, people are absolutely the most interesting.
05/14/2008 08:41:42jim Weed,CA-
05/13/2008 21:01:18jim GrantsPass,OR-I5 Stop
05/13/2008 19:33:36jim Eugene,OR
05/13/2008 17:38:50jim Portland,OR-SkyTram-I5
05/13/2008 17:34:06Jim Portland Oregon
05/13/2008 17:27:28jim Portland Oregon
05/13/2008 17:27:16jim Portland,OR-bridge
05/12/2008 19:06:49jim Best Headlines from 2007:
- Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash, Expert Says - Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers - Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over - Miners Refuse to Work after Death - Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant - War Dims Hope for Peace - If Strike Isn't Settled Quickly, It May Last Awhile - Cold Wave Linked to Temperatures - Enfield (London) Couple Slain; Police Suspect Homicide - Red Tape Holds Up New Bridges - Man Struck By Lightning: Faces Battery Charge - New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group - Astronaut Takes Blame for Gas in Spacecraft - Kids Make Nutritious Snacks - Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half - Hospitals are Sued by 7 Foot Doctors - Typhoon Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Dead
05/12/2008 04:08:24jim 13, 13, 13
I was walking past the mental hospital the other day, and all the patients were shouting ,'13....13....13'
The fence was too high to see over, but I saw a little gap in the planks and looked through to see what was going on.
Some moron poked me in the eye with a stick !
Then they all started shouting '14....14....14'...
05/12/2008 03:48:14jim How does he know ?
I was shopping at the local super market where I selected:
A half-gallon of 2% milk,
A carton of eggs,
A quart of orange juice,
A head of romaine lettuce,
A 2 lb. Can of coffee, and
A 1 lb. Package of bacon.
I was unloading my items on the conveyor belt to check out.
A drunk standing behind me watched as I placed the items in front of the cashier.
While the cashier was ringing up the purchases, the drunk calmly stated, 'You must be single.'
I was a bit startled by this proclamation, but I was intrigued by the derelict's intuition, since I was indeed single.
I looked at the six items on the belt and saw nothing particularly unusual about my selections that could have tipped off the drunk to my marital status. Curiosity getting the better of me,
I said: 'Well, you know what, you are absolutely right.
But how on earth did you know that?'
The drunk replied, 'Cause you're ugly.'
05/11/2008 06:15:01Jim Goodbye Seattle
What is great about Seattle
- The view from this apartment is incredible.
- Relatives living nearby is awesome.
- Working here has been easy.
- The country side is beautiful.
- Washington is by far the most beautiful state I have ever seen.
What isn't great about Seattle
- Driving here is a mess. I've seen 9 way stops with no lights. People park in the travel lanes.
- Parking is next to impossible, and it is very expensive ($280 a month to park at work).
- The cost of living here is easily twice that of Louisville ($1,200 for a one bedroom).
- Insane and homeless people are everywhere. Most people ignore them. I think its something in the water.
- People yell and fight in the streets.
- People are allowed to sleep on the sidewalks.
- We never found any fun places to go. We saw no bands. We saw no dance floors.
- The buses are overcrowded and are never on time.
- My Identity was stolen here.
- My truck was been burglarized.
- I had to pay for parking at both at my apartment and work.
- I see police stopping drivers every day, while homeless people get away with blocking store exits asking for money.
- I found that most of the people here are either self absorbed or morally bankrupt.
- I had to booby trap my cubical, someone went through my cubical drawers and my personal notes.
- Someone else went through my PC, saw my diary, and told everybody what they found.
- Someone I never talked too, was spreading terrible lies about me through email.
- I'd see people go into my cube when they thought left for a bathroom break.
Seattle is, by far, the scariest place I've ever lived. It really creeps me out.
I don't think I'll be coming back here.
The cities outside of Seattle look great though.
I think I'd love to live in Bellevue, Olympia or Redmond, Wa. They had a normal feel to them.
05/10/2008 20:14:58jim Everette,WA-DriveIn
05/05/2008 09:30:26jim Apartment View - May 4th 2008
05/04/2008 18:33:10jim McGraths Restaurant
05/04/2008 18:10:42jim Alderwood Mall
05/02/2008 18:52:09jim Pke Street Walk - 5 Miles
04/30/2008 22:04:26jim Fremont Draw Bridge
04/30/2008 21:51:58jim Fremont Statues
04/30/2008 19:50:48jim Queen Anne
04/30/2008 19:11:04jim 1/2 Mile Up The Stairs
04/30/2008 18:49:26jim Walking to Queen Anne
04/28/2008 12:07:30jim Pikes Market
04/27/2008 17:03:12jim Creekside Village
04/26/2008 14:55:28jim As the Eagle Flies
04/26/2008 13:07:48jim Whidbey Island
04/20/2008 11:15:14jim Seattle April Weather
04/19/2008 21:22:32jim Seattle Center (on a snowy day)
04/16/2008 18:28:38jim ..China Town
No, but they gave us a "gottago" serving of tea at closing.
04/16/2008 18:28:38jim (Reply)China Town
Chinatown in Seattle is much smaller than the one in San Francisco, but its small selection of shops and restaurants are very charming.
I love these little Chinatown shops.
I tried some of their Korean ginsing by placing a slice in my mouth and letting it dissolve for about 15 minutes. It really seemed to make me feel good.
I bought a baggy of it!
The girl below was VERY nice. We sat down at a tiny table and shared a pot green tea with her. The ambience was very warm and friendly.
04/12/2008 14:53:42jim Olympia Wa
|<< 05/2007 < 04/2008 Calendar 06/2008 > 05/2009 >>||Sign InView Other Logs|